Freelance translator from Japanese to English, also offering reader’s reports and proofreading and copyediting services.
– B.A. in Japanese Studies from the University of Cambridge.
– M.A. (with Distinction) in Theory and Practice of Translation from SOAS, University of London.
– Selected to participate in the British Centre for Literary Translation Summer School Japanese workshop in 2011. We worked on a collaborative translation of Kawakami Mieko’s novel 乳と卵 (Chichi to ran, Breasts and Eggs) in workshops led by Michael Emmerich. You can read our translation here.
– Selected to participate in the BCLT Summer School advanced Japanese workshop in 2013. The workshop leader this time was Jeffrey Angles, and the text was Matsuda Aoko’s novella スタキンッグ可能 (Sutakkingu-kanou, Stackable/s). You can read our translation here.
– Professional experience in publishing (in-house and freelance, working on illustrated non-fiction, ‘literary fiction’ and children’s books), bookselling, proofreading, copyediting and teaching English as a foreign language.
– Full CV, rates etc. available on request.